Sunday 15 December 2013

Miss 60's


Right now trying to immerse myself into the 1960's, as I'm about to embark on the third and final part of my Avengers script-so I thought I'd carry it on into this blog starting with a nice image of Marriane Faithful whilst she was on set for Girl on a Motorcycle(lots of screencaps from that film on the original blog) found this and few other images at http://theswinginsixties.tumblr.com/

A few pics of Astrid Kirchher who if you ask me helped kick start the 60's -Her photos of the Beatles really are fantastic and timeless, I always wondered what would of happened if Stu had lived- maybe punk and metal would of arrived much earlier- the "Baby Gene Vincent" look was far cooler than the Beatlesuit look Brian had them adopt... I'd of liked to have seen the "Mocker" look half Rocker/half Mod-Astrid created that style for them.
Talking of Mod-here's the Queen herself Cathy McGowan- watched a few clips from Ready Steady Go yesterday on YouTube thought it would be nice to feature her here today.
Pic above is of Nico taken by Gerard Malanga ,I first saw this in a book about The Velvet Underground called UpTight- I guess that's Andy Warhol's jacket she's rocking there- found this at an excellent Nico website http://nico-icon.webs.com/

The Shangri La's-that's Mary Weiss in the centre(I think "Leader of Pack!" kind of had a profound effect on on me when I first heard it when I was 4 or 5 -I'd never heard a song with a motorcycle crash on it-very tragic almost scary for a kid that age..it's melodramatic but you don't know what that is when you're little)
If I'm going to do a post about the 1960's It's a no-brainer to feature Francois Hardy here again.(any excuse lol)
Final pic features Sharon Tate- kind of symbolic really ,with her death came the death of the greatest decade I never lived in- perhaps I'll return to present day once I've written third act- but I kind of enjoying my research at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You May Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...