Saturday 26 April 2014

"Sheena is a Punk Rocker"-Post 1

I've decided I'll feature music posts here -one week punk another week metal which I'll entitle "Suzy is a Headbanger"seeing as it's 40 years since the release of RAMONES this week I thought I'd do a special post featuring them and a few associated acts - had to kick off with this ..it's only right. when you play at this speed you gotta have the right jacket... here's Joey again look out for Diane playing a vital role lol. Great video for Joeys "New York City"


Wivi from Ramonna one of my favourite tribute acts- sadly band broke up a few monthes ago but she performs with other acts from time to time.. the good news is she's forming new band closer to home in Dublin -I hope she succeeds in finding new recruits it would be cool if they ever played UK here she is with  Ramones drummer Richie
There are quite a few Ramona's (one in LA another in Argentina)-I think hence Wivi's bands spelling with two "N'"s there was the Brighton band Ramona who weren't anything to do with Ramones -although had that New York Blondie style flavour- but possibly the most famous all girl Ramones tribute are Scotland's Ramona


I just had to feature The Knife :)Sheena is and always will be a  punk rocker not a "Parasite" lol -I'll do another of these in a fortnight-won't be just Ramones-but punky music in it's many shapes and forms.

2 comments:

  1. Before finishing the band in Brazil, we had recorded these songs. Please, could you delete the others you have posted and post these below? Thank's again for everything.

    KKK TOOK MY BABY AWAY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6IBPq8c-xA

    SUZY IS A HEADBANGER:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtIkT8zTA-M

    NEEDLES AND PINS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkd1PM6Mcw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wivi - good to hear from you :) - I'll re-edit post to feature those songs- would like to keep the Richie song up though as that's one of my faves off Animal Boy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You May Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...